top of page
Search
  • Writer's pictureEscuela de alopecia

Alopecia miraculous recovery

Today we are talking about alopecia miraculous recovery cases.


I consider cases of miraculous improvement in hair to be those patients who, in my opinion, represent 10%, who, upon starting strong medication to enhance hair growth, experience a spectacular improvement. That is, an improvement above 70-80% of the hair, which is significant and comparable to a well-executed transplant.


In my mind, when a patient starts medication, I know there is a 10% chance of a miraculous improvement, a 10% stability around 80%, and a 1% worsening despite the treatment.


Today, I want to discuss successful cases. In my experience in recent years, I have observed some things that allow me to predict when there will be a miraculous improvement. If you want to learn more about strong medication, watch the videos on my channel.


In my opinion, it is also important to know the current treatment ranking in 2024 to improve genetic alopecia. But let's talk about a clinical case, like this patient here, who underwent a radical change in a year. This patient is very happy. Generally, I don't like showing photos like this, but in transplant cases, it's more interesting because I can show the patient what to expect.


resultado_milagroso_1


resultado_milagroso_2

Let's talk about the variables that lead me to foresee a miraculous improvement. First, gender. In general, I see that men tend to have better results than women, except for young women with aggressive alopecia. Age is also a factor. Although initially it seems that the younger, the better, I have seen significant improvements in people aged 40, 50, and even 60.


Another important factor is hair hygiene. Those with good hair hygiene usually have better results. I have noticed that faster improvements are often a good indicator of a good prognosis.


Another point to consider is family history. Generally, better results with low or medium family histories compared to high ones. Also, the most significant improvements are usually associated with full doses of medication.


Interestingly, in all cases of miraculous improvement, the patients were non-smokers. I don't know if this is related, but it may be that smokers generally have worse lifestyle habits.


Furthermore, pharmacogenetics could play a significant role in treatment response. Patients who are hypermetabolizers may be resistant to medications. We still don't have precise tests predicting treatment response, but it's an area in development.

In summary, these are some variables I have observed in my practice that could be associated with miraculous improvements.

14 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page